ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

What is best program to create a DVD from any video file?

<< < (10/31) > >>

MilesAhead:
Thanks for the info. :)

sajman99:
Regarding HC GUIs, I recall considering HCbatchGUI, but FAVC is just so darn easy I never really took the time to fully explore freebird73717's creation.

http://hcbatchgui.awardspace.com  HCbatchGUI home page
http://forum.videohelp.com/topic336128.html  HCbatchGUI forum thread

CleverCat:
Can u recommend any good DVD Player with USB models - we have Phillips and LG here at mo.... :)-CleverCat (October 01, 2009, 11:50 PM)
--- End quote ---

I'm just using a cheapie Phillips model that I bought for less than US$50. It's only flaw is if you're playing a Divx file & the bit-rate gets ultra-high during a scene it'll stutter a bit till the bit-rates drop back down to sane levels. I run into such stuttering in probably 1 out of 100 shows/movies I watch, though.
-Innuendo (October 02, 2009, 12:39 PM)
--- End quote ---

Will it play mpeg's from usb?

MilesAhead:
I have the Philips dvp 5990.  It has the USB connector.  I haven't tried .mpg files but I've played .avi and .wmv from a USB key drive.  One of these days I have to reformat a 200 GB HD that I have in an enclosure to FAT32.  It doesn't seem to mind the key drive being NTFS but I'm told powered external USB drives should be formatted FAT32 to get the most use out of 'em with the player.

Also this player does a better job with subs than players I've had in the past.  Tonight I added idx/sub subtitles to an .avi with AviAddXSubs and it didn't bother it that there were 3 subtitles in the idx/sub set.  Even my old OPPO wanted to have a single subtitle in the idx/sub that was muxed in.

Supposedly this player is UltraDivx and will do menus and chapters, but I've never created a .divx with the menus to try it out.  I'm lazy and just use the file list that pops up. :)

CleverCat:
Thanks for info!  :Thmbsup:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version