ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

IDEA: OnScreen Display for Mute Status

(1/14) > >>

app103:
Too many times I am interrupted and have to hit my mute button. Then I forget it's muted and wonder a little while later where my music went, or why I am not hearing alerts for incoming messages.

When I hit the mute button on my keyboard, there is an onscreen display, but it only lasts a second or 2:

IDEA: OnScreen Display for Mute Status

What I would like is a utility that will show when the pc's volume is muted, only while it is muted, until it is not.

Whatever image or text is used, should show up well on both light & dark backgrounds.

ak_:
According to my poor AHK knowledge, i think it should be easily done with it. I can't give it a try right now cause i'm off to bed but i bet there are ahk experts here who will be able to do this in 5 minutes :)

mouser:
This is surely a good idea, and you could expand it to include something if your numlock or caps lock is on too.

lanux128:
i have something like that as a general script, i'll cut and paste the relevant part and make the display persistent.. :) i'll post in a short while..

mouser:
app, what is that fancy program you are using for your windows background -- are you sure it doesnt have the ability to show mute status?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version