ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Finished Programs

DONE: Time Calculator that accepts a column paste of mm:ss

(1/5) > >>

MilesAhead:
I'm looking for an easy way to total the track times of albums listed on AllMusic.com.

The track times are on the right using mm:ss format as in 7:55
but I don't see a way to column select with chromium.

The only time calculator that comes close is the old AddTime.
But it only accepts either '.' or ',' as the separator.  So I have to block select in Chromium, paste into an editor that does right justify paragraph, line up the numbers by padding with zeros manually, column select and copy to clipboard, then AddTime will allow pasting.

Ideally something would read the clipboard, get the times from the end of each line, do the math, and pop up a total.  The display of the total can be a simple MsgBox. I don't care about being able to copy and paste the result.  One total time is no hassle to type.  But if a nicer display is more pleasing to the author that's fine with me.

Perhaps an .ini file with an option for minutes/seconds separator would make it more generally useful.  But I think most music sites give the times as MM:SS.

AddTime lets you enter using the number keypad but if there's more than 4 or 5 tracks it can be tedious.

Renegade:
Can you remind me about this on December 18th? (I'm out of the country for a while and can't get to doing anything like this right now.)

This is some of the kind of stuff that I love doing. Yes... I have a sick addiction to date and time calculations and manipulation...

I've posted some code here:

http://kewlaid.net/2010/11/24/burning-cds-on-a-mac-and-no-time-count/

The post is NSFW though, but the code works -- a quick hack to add times for songs. Not sure if it will be useful for you at the moment, but do remind me later and I'll get something done.

skwire:
Renegade, you mind if I whip this up quickly for MilesAhead?

skwire:
I have this finished.  I made it so it will RegEx match the timestamp out of the line automatically.  In other words, you can simply paste in the AllMusic block of text and it will spit out the total without you having to format the data at all.  My RegEx strings will match the following timestamp formats:

* x:xx:xx
* xx:xx:xx
* x:xx
* xx:xx
One caveat is that the I only match the first timestamp occurrence in a line.  So, if a line contains two timestamps, only the first one is matched.  Here's a screenshot showing a direct paste from an AllMusic page:

DONE: Time Calculator that accepts a column paste of mm:ss

http://skwire.dcmembers.com/apps/snacks/HarvestTime.zip

SleepingWolf:
As per tradition, what would you like to name this?
-skwire (December 07, 2010, 11:41 PM)
--- End quote ---

A collection (of people at least) can be called a party. So I suggest you call it (ahem) PartyTime!!!  :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version