ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

IDEA - The Name Game

(1/6) > >>

jtbarbieri:
Sorry; I posted this originally in the wrong place

While working as a Reprographics tech, I used a program that generated file names as:
consonant : vowel : consonant : vowel : consonant ...
Using random letters, it generated 15 letter names AND you could always pronounce them!

I would like a program to generate and output:
random words of my specified length;
number of words generated of my choosing;
in the form above, consonant : vowel : consonant;
displayed in a table for easy looking;
(letters can be used more than once in the same name)

After all did you know that Kodak is just such a word; meant nothing to anyone when it was created; and has become an icon in industry and languages all over the world!
Thanks

sazzen:
Gammadyne's Random Word Generator.  Will concoct any word any way you want it. I couldn't find their web page so maybe they've gone out of business - I hope not because I have lost my reg key more than once and if I lose it again I would be tough out of luck. There can't be that much demand for this type of application.  But I did find the program here: 
http://finaldownload.com/language_random_word_generator-2086-software.html
for about half the price I paid for it.

mouser:
this does seem like a perfect candidate for a coding snack though, so maybe someone still wants to try it.

r0bertdenir0:
Give this a shot.

It's a macro that fills a worksheet with the kinda words you describe.
I tested it in Excel 2003 & 2007.
Just open the workbook, press Ctrl F8, then run the macro called StartWordGame

jtbarbieri:
Thanks; Gammadyne seems to not be in existence anymore, however i did find several versions out there for download.  I settled on v12.1 beta because there was no expiration time on the shareware.  v13 was timed out after a period of time.  I will try out the other avenues (12.1 may time out anyway); like mouser said, it could be a fun quick project for someone.  Gammadyne is very complex in its abilities, it does much more than I really want at this time.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version