ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > DC Gamer Club

Playing Grim Fandango on a modern PC

(1/3) > >>

lanux128:
on a slow day, i tried installing an old favourite just to see if it will run on my WinXP SP3 with 8600GT. everything went well except for sprites which looks 'striped' like in the screenshot. Manny Calavera looks like he's been through a shredder. :o

i googled but most of the advices are about setting Win98-compatibility, copying files to the hard-disk and disabling the multiprocessor/hyperthreading settings. i believe my problem is graphics-related and was wondering if anyone else has had any luck with other golden oldies and therefore may lend a hand here.. btw, i had also fiddled with the anti-alias setting (plus some others as well) within nvidia's control panel but to no avail.

Deozaan:
I'm not sure if this would even help, but did you try DOS Box?

lanux128:
i thought of DOSBox also but this is a win32 game so there's not much DOSBox can do, i guess..

Ampa:
It is related to the nVidia drivers and anti-aliasing, but it seems that the newer drviers simply aren't compatible.

Your only options would be to run it in software mode (rather than hardware acceleration), or to install some old nVidia drivers that use the old antialiasing technique.

lanux128:
Your only options would be to run it in software mode (rather than hardware acceleration), or to install some old nVidia drivers that use the old antialiasing technique.
-Ampa (April 09, 2009, 07:13 AM)
--- End quote ---

thanks, software mode makes it even worse (see pic) but i may have found a solution by disabling hardware acceleration from within DXDiag but its quite cumbersome to disable each time. :huh:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version