ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Programming Can Ruin Your Life: A Fantastic Blog Essay on the Mind of a Coder

<< < (3/6) > >>

mahesh2k:
I don't know how you figure out your typelogic but here is my score for peronality survey. Check it

http://test.personality-project.org/survey/yourscores.php?G=1&Y=23&A=4.3&O=4.9&E=3&S=2.3&C=4.4

Please let me know where to go for typelogic test?

mahesh2k:
Oh i got the results I'm INTJ. :D

Hey please confirm it from my posts or recent posts,i just need to cross check if the results are right :D

CWuestefeld:
It's not necessarily programming that builds these circuits in your mind. I think I started to pick it up in high school, in the freshman math class where we did geometric proofs (vertical angles are equal, etc.). These proofs require the same way of thinking that programming does (in my opinion).

By the way, I'm an ENTP. Before our wedding, the minister gave my now-wife and I these tests. It turns out that she's ESTJ. The interesting thing was how he used this as a tool to point out where we might have conflicts due to our differing personalities, and how if we understood these differences, they could be used to leverage our own strengths while supplementing the weak points of the spouse. And so far, this has been very successful.

Eóin:
Excellent point CWuestefeld and one I probably should have brought up myself earlier. I'm currently working for a PhD. in math. The parallels between working on math problems and computer programming is startling.

Armando:
Programming reinforces a way of approaching problems that can be both good and bad-mouser (September 14, 2007, 07:09 AM)
--- End quote ---
That hypothesis seems pretty reasonable to me. But, generally, I (as Nudone also suggested) would add to programming activities the intensive computers(networked?)/software use.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version