ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Mini-Reviews by Members

Kaspersky Internet Security 7

<< < (2/9) > >>

Armando:
Well, I don't know about v7, but I've had problems with Kaspersky v....6.5 I think : way too often (and every time KIS started) computer (dell laptop) would freeze for 1-3min. I tried many many things, searched the forum, etc. But was never able to get rid of that problem. So I decided that I wouldn't buy it (it happened 2-3 times that KIS froze my computer when I URGENTLY needed it... didn't like that at all).
OTher than this problem -- which didn’t seem to happen with everybody -- KIS seemed like one of the best overall solution. I enjoyed its virus scanning speed, ease of use and otherwise very low resource usage.

Darwin:
Nice review, cwuesterfield! Thank you for doing this. Antivirus is something that I've finally come to the (late I realise) conclusion should not be taken lightly - even if you've paid for a solution and have 5 months left on your free updates, if it stops working, find something else. Now. I'm always on the lookout for good security solutions and I will keep Kaspersky in mind.

@Armando - I had the same experience with ZoneAlarm Pro. I had half a year remaining on my licence and uninstalled it last week - wasn't worth the aggravation!

Carol Haynes:
Nice - well done.

Do I gather that this "Suite" doesn't include a firewall ?

Grorgy:
KIS 6 has a firewall dont know about 7

Carol Haynes:
Doesn't seem to mention firewall on the website and there doesn't appear to be one in the software window in the first post above. Just curious - how can a software suite be complete internet protection without a firewall?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version