ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Mini-Reviews by Members

Kaspersky Internet Security 7

<< < (8/9) > >>

CleverCat:
I used these to learn more about KIS 2009 - helped a lot..  :Thmbsup:

http://forum.kaspersky.com/index.php?showtopic=72383

:)

nosh:
Nice find, CleverCat. The "setting up" thread in particular, is a great resource for someone who wants an in depth look into the sw without actually installing it, loads of screenshots.

CleverCat:
I like to 'peruse' the forums and when they said 'KIS 2009 is different', I wanted to be up to speed!

I had no probs setting up, and I took a good look at the info first.  ;)

Glad to help!  :Thmbsup:

J-Mac:
I used KAV6 and switched to NOD32 a little before my subscription was up. Kaspersky always gets top marks for its protection scheme - you really can't beat it!

I was a little put out by its behavior at times though. (BTW, I hated the sound with a passion! Though that wasn't what caused me to lose KAV6). KAV's version of Threat Detection or whatever they call their heuristics for malware was a little too over the top for me. Extremely aggressive and it ate up a fair number of good applications I like to use. I got an inordinate number of false positives from it. I spent a lot of time on their forum trying to resolve the problems, but in the end it was either "live with the issues or turn off that part of the program". Since the heuristics is part of what makes KAV good I didn't want to lose it, but I couldn't tolerate the unannounced quarantines and/or deletions that it did.

I just rechecked what it did: On a few occasions it grabbed emails that I was composing on another computer in my network that wasn't even using Kaspersky! In one case it was a forward of a phish email I had received that I was sending to the financial institution to alert them. As I was composing it, the email just suddenly disappeared. I was running Trend Micro on that computer and I thought that was doing it. I found the quarantined email on my desktop computer the next day. I wrote Kaspersky about it and they said "If it was a phish email then that's correct behavior". Bull! Then it started eating up my MediaMonkey scripts. Three of them I had written myself - VBS scripts. I had seen this early on and so placed them in the Exclusion section. After a couple months all of a sudden they would all disappear suddenly. If I was at the PC of course the screeching noise would alert me - and cause me to pee myself at the same time!   :o  Since they were supposed to be excluded I was baffled. Kaspersky did not reply to submittals for analysis, but a forum member told me that when new signatures are updated oftentimes they ignore the exclusions. And then I was told that the script protection module did not use the exclusions. As to why they would be safe for months and then suddenly delete them (Yes, NOT quarantine, but delete!), my best guess is the "new definitions" explanation.

I stick with NOD32 now. It also has quirks, but a lot less IMO.

Jim

superboyac:
Anyone dig the new kaspersky 2010 (v9)?  I just installed it, not having any problems.  Seems cool enough, not that different from 2009.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version