ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

What's your preferred File Manager

<< < (42/119) > >>

J-Mac:
...Sure it's part of the product, but it is not part of the file manager itself. Windows is in no way free, and it comes with a lousy picture manager, a sub-par file manager, a merely average browser, a useless defrag tool +++ but all that doesn't mean that the OS itself is useless, even though I actually paid for all of the things it includes. Why? Because none of the things I just mentioned really have any direct influence on the main purpose of an OS.

EDIT: Just to clarify though, I do think you should care about whether or not an included part of the product works just as you want it to seeing as you're paying for it, but in this case I don't see it as an important part of the program.

Anyway, if you encountered a problem, why not report the problem to the developer and see if they can fix it? I'm sure they will as long as someone actually let's them know about it.
-Dirhael (January 24, 2008, 10:17 AM)
--- End quote ---

Surely he is also permitted to mention his problem here also, isn't he?  Seems like you're treating him roughly for even mentioning his issues.  After all, this IS a thread about file managers, and a lot of other users have posted about their problems with such here.   :)

Jim

Dirhael:
Surely he is also permitted to mention his problem here also, isn't he?  Seems like you're treating him roughly for even mentioning his issues.  After all, this IS a thread about file managers, and a lot of other users have posted about their problems with such here.   :)

Jim
-J-Mac (January 24, 2008, 12:24 PM)
--- End quote ---

Sure he is, and I never once said he shouldn't/couldn't. I do think he should file a bug report in addition to compaining about it here though, because how is a product supposed to be improved if nobody mentions the problems they are having to the developer(s)?

In any case, what rubbed me the wrong way was that he came into the thread claiming that no other file manager mentioned here other than Windows Explorer and xplorer² does unicode properly, something which just isn't correct.

J-Mac:
Surely he is also permitted to mention his problem here also, isn't he?  Seems like you're treating him roughly for even mentioning his issues.  After all, this IS a thread about file managers, and a lot of other users have posted about their problems with such here.   :)

Jim
-J-Mac (January 24, 2008, 12:24 PM)
--- End quote ---

Sure he is, and I never once said he shouldn't/couldn't. I do think he should file a bug report in addition to compaining about it here though, because how is a product supposed to be improved if nobody mentions the problems they are having to the developer(s)?

In any case, what rubbed me the wrong way was that he came into the thread claiming that no other file manager mentioned here other than Windows Explorer and xplorer² does unicode properly, something which just isn't correct.
-Dirhael (January 24, 2008, 12:56 PM)
--- End quote ---

OK - I just couldn't figure out why you were....  chastising him?  (At least it seemed like it!)

Not my business!!  8)

Jim

cranioscopical:
Please, can anyone tell me how to change the icon spacing for DOpus' Large Icons view?

TIA

telmoamaral:
Does anybody know of a file manager similar to Explorer, but which would allow changing the order in which folders are displayed in the folder tree? That is, instead of having sibling folders always sorted alphabetically, I'd like to be able to reorder them at will, by moving them them up and down (just like items in an outliner). I think this could be a very useful feature (better than starting folder names with numbers...), but tried a few alternative file managers and none seemed to allow this. Thanks.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version