ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

What's your preferred File Manager

<< < (40/119) > >>

Dirhael:
Having said that, Dopus seems to still have some issues with unicode, so xplorer2 is probably the only manager that's worth mentioning in my opinion.
-desslok (January 22, 2008, 01:56 PM)
--- End quote ---

Heh, not once have I encountered a problem with Dopus + unicode files (I haven't heard of anyone else with a problem either until you, now), and I deal with filenames almost daily in anything from Norwegian to Russian, Korean, Chinese and more. I also have a license for SpeedCommander 12, and I've never had a problem with that one either. In fact, I've encountered more problems with filenames and such in Explorer than I've ever had with either Dopus or SC12.

Dormouse:
What I meant about the images opening is:  You know how in regular, old Windows Explorer if you left-click on a filename and then after a very short wait, left-click on it again, the filename is highlighted and you can rename the file?  (Of course quickly double-clicking opens the file). Try it in Explorer - Left-click, and then again after a brief (less than a second) delay. Instead of opening the filename is highlighted for renaming.

I was trying that in DOpus, and it works on most files, but it won't work on image files.
-J-Mac (January 22, 2008, 11:27 AM)
--- End quote ---

DOpus works just like that on image files for me.

Darwin:
Yes, I can confirm that DOpus 9 behaves as expected when "delay double-clicking" (a technical term) an image file (ie the result is that the filename is highlighted allowing me to rename the image file).

infimum:
(I haven't heard of anyone else with a problem either until you, now)-Dirhael (January 22, 2008, 06:52 PM)
--- End quote ---

Check the Dopus thread then.
https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?topic=8056.75

J-Mac:
Yes, I can confirm that DOpus 9 behaves as expected when "delay double-clicking" (a technical term) an image file (ie the result is that the filename is highlighted allowing me to rename the image file).
-Darwin (January 22, 2008, 07:09 PM)
--- End quote ---

Dormouse, Darwin:  Then I now have to check all through my DOpus preferences to see what I have selected - or deselected in there that might affect this.

When I found issues with the content thing that DOpus does I was on their forum for a while and as a result they had me changing a lot of settings to do with images.  Looks like one of them might be doing this.

Thanks.

Jim

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version