ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

What's your preferred File Manager

<< < (28/119) > >>

zridling:
It's XYplorer for me, too. Small, tightly-coded, portable, affordable (Lifetime license!), fully customizable, customizable keyboard shortcuts throughout, including of folders, files, and places like the recycle bin or other system components.

You get the drift.

Curt:
My commanders at the moment are Commander, FreeCommander and Unreal Commander

- all gratis dual pane types, and all worth a try.

roady:
My choice is Total Commander,embedded in the Ultima Prime package......TC UP is the 1st program I open after booting my system. :Thmbsup:

enginer:
 ;) I picked Xplorer2 after searching many chat groups, but found it didn't solve my problems with Windows Explorer:  Even with FastFind turned off, with only my eMail handler running, and no web activity, my system was frequently bogged down and slow.  Process Manager usually shows Windows Explorer using 92 to 97 % of the CPU cycles. 

One reply hints at this, but what file manager is better as a resource hog?  What are the issues that I can investigate to set a correct install/priority to keep a file manager from slowing other applications down?

TIA

tomos:
@ enginer:
sounds like your problem is with win explorer -
I mean getting another file manager isnt going to solve that problem cause explorer still runs - as to what will maybe someone else could help...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version