ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

What's your preferred File Manager

<< < (22/119) > >>

kalos:
ok, but I insist a 'filter bar' would be so convenient

I saw this in a screenshot, but cant remember which file manager is

wales:
For all those who prefer windows explorer, I have just received this from Gizmo Richards.
"The lack of tabs in Windows Explorer is a real liability. Indeed, it's one of the main reasons why many users install an Explorer replacement such as XYPlorer and UltraExplorer.

However, not all users are comfortable straying from the standard Microsoft setup. For these folks there is some good news: It's quite possible to add tabs to Windows Explorer itself by using a free utility called QT TabBar. As a bonus, you'll not only get tabs but a few additional features, such as instant file viewing, thrown in as well.

I've been using QT TabBar on one of my PCs for a week now and have seen enough to be able to say that many PC users are going to view this as a great productivity tool. However, if you are already using an Explorer replacement like XYPlorer, then it's unlikely QT TabBar is for you."

There is more to the article, here is the link to  the Utility

http://quizo.at.infoseek.co.jp/freeware/indexEn.html#qttab

Josh:
I am one of those users who doesnt really see a need for a third party utility. Its not that I am afraid to stray, but more that I am used to explorer, it works well, and the advantage and extras gained from said third party tools doesnt really justify the added expense or reconfiguration I have to go through. Tabs are nice, but I dont find them to be a necessity when it comes to managing files on my pc.

kalos:
For all those who prefer windows explorer, I have just received this from Gizmo Richards.
"The lack of tabs in Windows Explorer is a real liability. Indeed, it's one of the main reasons why many users install an Explorer replacement such as XYPlorer and UltraExplorer.

However, not all users are comfortable straying from the standard Microsoft setup. For these folks there is some good news: It's quite possible to add tabs to Windows Explorer itself by using a free utility called QT TabBar. As a bonus, you'll not only get tabs but a few additional features, such as instant file viewing, thrown in as well.

I've been using QT TabBar on one of my PCs for a week now and have seen enough to be able to say that many PC users are going to view this as a great productivity tool. However, if you are already using an Explorer replacement like XYPlorer, then it's unlikely QT TabBar is for you."

There is more to the article, here is the link to  the Utility

http://quizo.at.infoseek.co.jp/freeware/indexEn.html#qttab

-wales (October 16, 2007, 09:22 AM)
--- End quote ---

the problem is that we dont need just to add features to the feature-lacking windows explorer, but we need to totaly REPLACE the windows explorer, because its buggy, system resources consuming and slow

tomos:
hey Kalos,
I replaced Explorer, but not actually for any of the reasons you list
so I guess you could say each of us can do whatever we want to do...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version