ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

What's your preferred File Manager

<< < (67/119) > >>

Lutz_:
....  and the breadcrumb navigation in AC Browser Plus is just perfect - this is the way it should be !!!   
Unfortunately I can not deal with the multiple overlapping windows in ACBP too well.
www.konradp.com/products/acbplus/

I think its been mentioned but is still a relative unknown. I really like Ac Browser Plus especially how well it handles archives or at least zip files.
-rgdot (March 07, 2009, 05:07 PM)
--- End quote ---

BinderDundat:
If you like AC Browser plus, you might be interested in the option to alter the menu entries to suit your habits/taste better.  You can go to the subfolder: International\English\translation.ini.  Open that file in a text editor and you can change the menu entry text.  There are still a couple of items that cannot be edited in this way, but I found the odd English of the original menus a bit annoying.  This is where you would create a translation file for an unsupported language if you were so inclined - some details are in the file header.  I like some of the tools for file management, but the shortage of ways to invoke external editing software is a drag.  I found the lack of hotkey customizability not to my taste, so I was taken with the ability of Free Commander to make whatever hotkey you like work for the operation of your choice.  Free Commander also allows you to use the built-in viewers or invoke an external viewer like Universal Viewer (a Total Commander connected program - uses several TC plugins).  You can also specify programs to open a user-defined list of file types for editing (F4 key - or whatever hotkey you want to use).  Free Commander also has a portable version, but one warning, the .ini file is not the same as the non-portable format, so you have to enter your customizations separately for each - you cannot just copy the .ini file to transfer settings.  I am a keyboard fan and with the navigation keys definable to keys that make sense to me, I am in 7th heaven!

Lutz_:
hi BinderDundat,

thanks for the tips.  But the one thing, that is missing from AC browser Plus (which leads me to use it rarely) is a dual-pane layout (preferably a tabbed dual pane option).  The problem for me are the multiple independent overlapping windows.  With dual-pane I actually believe it might be the best file organizer.

tomos:
....  and the breadcrumb navigation in AC Browser Plus is just perfect - this is the way it should be !!!   
-Lutz_ (March 28, 2009, 12:09 PM)
--- End quote ---

curious how that is :tellme: :)

cmpm:
The tabs are on the bottom of AC and use the Window dropdown to tile the open windows -2- vertically or horizontically. So you don't have to manually resize the windows.

I have breadcrumbs, but it doesn't appear in AC.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version