ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

What's your preferred File Manager

<< < (16/119) > >>

jjk:
For me, it's, and far before all the others, Total Commander, because its tons of functionnalities, it is very quick, very pleasant to use, etc.
Also I've bought XYplorer, then Xplorer2 and Altap Salamander. But none of them is as powerful and as pleasant as TC.
I use Total Commander since 1993 or 1994 (Windows Commander in those old years).

Gowry:
I really like XYPlorer but I'm moving away from it as it doesn't support normal explorer extensions such as the one needed to access a pocket pc ( the activesync extension). I'd really like to use just one. I'm thinking more and more of getting directory opus. Things I really like in XYPlorer are the catalogue and the ability to find files in a subdirectory by using ?*partoffilename*.

I think the makers of these file managers could do themselves a great service by producing videos or information on how to better use them day to day. I primarily hate clicking through directories to get from place to place.
I got used to the catalog and address bar searching of XYPlorer, but find that launchy and locked tabs in other managers work just as well.

lol. And after all of this, I'll probably end up back on the commandline after learning powershell.

SirSmiley:
Now it seems that he for almost 1½ year has given up on any final version, so I ask, if your version ("build 3"?) of FindeXer has any bugs worth mentioning?
-Curt (October 07, 2007, 02:56 AM)
--- End quote ---

Have been using Build Version 4 (limited beta release) since April with no bugs or crashes. Had to hack the Explorer View Menu which makes it easier to toggle between Explorer Folder view. 

Haven't seen the author around for almost six months but, he travels a great deal for work. Not sure of future development atm.

Oh, forgot to mention that I use UltraExplorer occassionally.

kalos:
I ended up in three:

xplorer2
free commander
XYPlorer

since I cant test them so far in a wide range of functions, can anyone give me a suggestion? eg xplorer2 cant do something that XYplorer does, etc

iphigenie:
Some of the windows file manager/explorer extensions mentioned here make me curious - what extensions are there out there that can improve life?

When I go and fix someone else's computer I dont particularly want to install any of my shareware on their machine, and it would be nice to have some less intrusive options to make their life easier

So far people have mentioned (without links)

Folderview, QTTabbar, QTBreadcrumbs, FindeXer, Styler

Any others? How about some links, because I sure won't find "styler" just by googling/yahooing it

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version