ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

What's your preferred File Manager

<< < (76/119) > >>

ha14:
Hi

If you want there is also Windows Double Explorer. free
http://wde.codeplex.com/
Windows Double Explorer manages two or more Windows Explorer in one application. Also you can add your favorite folders with drag and drop to the toolbar for quick access. It's easyier to manage your disc structure. (A kind of Norton Commander or Total Commander)

docster:
Used PowerDesk years ago, then went to DOpus for its configurability, then to XYplorer for - what is for me - the best medley of features bundled in a well-written package that is lightweight, portable and reliable.  Occasionally I find myself musing on how I could've possibly done without it for so long....

hulkbuster:
Nice thread: i tried DO , really liked the Classic look, but its heavy on my pocket: it couldn't open a $Folder as it was assigned as System Folder(Total Commander couldn't open it too)....but the same folder was easily opened by XYplorer, i made a portable version and use it whenever the need be, but currently i m using  xplorer2 (havn't tried opening the $Folder) really like its small toolbar and i think its cute. Didn't find any difference to using Windows Explorer except it has many option. A little adjustment in the Option Bar and i m ready to go. i think its reeeeally versatile and light. (unlike DO...too flashy too many windows) but its really lacking a REFRESH option.

verified and tried opening $Folder with xplorer2 ,and it couldn't. Which make's XYplorer my preferred Primary Explorer then xplorer2  :Thmbsup:

Tuxman:
What exactly do you want to refresh?

hulkbuster:
i know Ctl+R does the Refresh but right clicking u'll see their is no Refresh Option (hope u understood) like in any Window folder.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version