ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Size of Download in Firefox??

(1/3) > >>

Ehtyar:
Hi all,
Ever since i started using firefox, i would infrequently check the addons sections for addons that do things i wanted in firefox. A few days ago i found the second last one i was looking for, Secure Login, thanks to Carol Haynes. I am at a loss however, when trying to understand why there is no way to see the size of a file download in the download prompt, prior to actually downloading the file. This behavior is provided in other browsers, and is the last feature that my firefox is still lacking. If anyone is aware of such an addon, I'd greatly appreciate it if you could link me, because i cannot find one through the addon page or google.
In case there happens to be any firefox addon gurus around, I imagine all that would be required for a plugin of this kind is that if the Content-Length header exists, display its value (properly formatted i guess) in the download prompt.

Thanks, Ehtyar.

f0dder:
Hm, interesting, I never really noticed that firefox lacks this - but indeed it does!

I guess I'm spoiled by my 20mbit connection :-[

Ehtyar:
I have 9mb, so it doesn't bother me in that regard, i just like to know what I'm downloading i guess.

Ehtyar.

f0dder:
I have 9mb, so it doesn't bother me in that regard, i just like to know what I'm downloading i guess.
-Ehtyar (September 11, 2007, 05:27 PM)
--- End quote ---
Would be nice indeed, even if the very-large downloads are being done through torrents, and I use FlashGet for things like linux isos or big game/movie trailers...

Ehtyar:
Would be nice indeed, even if the very-large downloads are being done through torrents, and I use FlashGet for things like linux isos or big game/movie trailers...
-f0dder (September 11, 2007, 05:32 PM)
--- End quote ---
Hah, ditto :)

Ehtyar.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version