topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday April 19, 2024, 12:51 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Acronis True Image 9 - $8 (plus shipping)  (Read 7641 times)

mwb1100

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Acronis True Image 9 - $8 (plus shipping)
« on: September 11, 2007, 10:17 AM »
Acronis True Image 9  - $7.95 plus shipping:

http://www.nothingbu...de=36864&ai=2892

Don't know how long this will be in effect; Vista is not supported with TI 9.

Darwin

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Acronis True Image 9 - $8 (plus shipping)
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2007, 10:23 AM »
Nice find - Acronis TrueImage Home 9 is a nice app (I've not tried v.10) - does everything I need it to do. Of course, v.11 is probably RIGHT around the corner... so v.10 might be available at bargain basement prices soon enough.

thomthowolf

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • Bad software makes me tired
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2007, 03:50 PM »
 :) Thanks for finding this, I ordered it immediately.
Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.  - Benjamin Franklin

Darwin

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2007, 07:49 PM »
Yup - I was right. Acronis TrueImage 11 is under active development...

TrueImage 9 is a fine app, though, and no one should regret not having the latest version.

iphigenie

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2007, 03:59 AM »
Yes, I am still on 9 - they lost me when they tried to screw me at that upgrade.

How to lose a dedicated customer - someone who has had the software for years, upgraded 4 or 5 times, has 2 licenses and has recommended your software on their own website a few times...

1. Change your licensing model to break it in 3 levels.
2. Put said existing customer at the lower license, thus *removing* features from the product they currently have.
3. Tell said customer that they have to upgrade to the newest version and the next license up to get their CURRENT LEVEL of features back. At a price with which said customer could buy 2 competitive products and still have some cash left.
4. Wonder why the money is not pouring it  :wallbash:

This even made me start to look at their competitors again!

Just to compare, Bitdefender have recently changed their "package levels"  - and the one I was on no longer exists. What did they do? Upgrade everyone to the HIGHER package level. Automatically. And for the rest of their license. And I paid BD a lot less than I had Acronis in the last 3 years.

Carol Haynes

• Waffles for England (patent pending)
  • Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2007, 05:23 AM »
I am not overly impressed with Acronis these days - I have TrueImage WorkStation 9.1 with Universal Restore and a maintenance contract for both. Druing the last year there have been no major updates to Universal Restore (which in my experience doesn't work at all) and only one minor bug fix to 9.1. Whilst the Home version has moved on to version 10 the business version is static (presumably because as usual they are using Home users as beta testers).

When Acronis software works it is good but my personal advice is NEVER EVER adopt new version early - they are usually as buggy as hell (which is unforgivable for this sort of software). If you can get version 9 for $8 go for it - and look for a cheap offer for version 10 when 11 is released!

I have used Acronis since version 8 - and I can't honestly see that major version releases actually add much - apart from a financial burden if you buy them. The move from version 8 to 9 added file level backup but it is so badly done I suspect no one actually uses it.

iphigenie

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2007, 09:35 AM »
there were a lot of improvements from 6 to 7 to 8 if i recall

mitzevo

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • Control is power
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2007, 10:06 AM »
Did any one buy from this site? Is it a physical product (software box, etc.) (I guess so since "plus shipping).. ? If any one is going to buy one, please buy 2 (one for me) and once you receive it, send me the key.. or is there an easier way? I don't need box set (cdrom, etc.) I just need the key - Of course I will give you money.

Reason is because I don't want to sign up to that site, and my circumstances prevent me from getting it delivered - which I am not going to say why  ;D

So if any one is going to order from here, notify me and I will send you the money to get me a copy!

edit: ok, it's small box product as mwb1100 pointed out.. like I said, if some one wants to order them self a copy, and wouldn't mind one for me as well, please pm me  :-*

The clock is running. Make the most of today. Time waits for no man. Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift. That's why it is called the present.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2007, 10:20 AM by mitzevo »

mwb1100

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2007, 10:11 AM »
I'm currently using TI 9 and am pretty happy with it.  I've tried a few disk imaging solutions (Symantec, Paragon, Terabyte, V-Com) and they all had issues.  Every one.  Between them all TI and Ghost (does Symantec still call it that?) were the ones that seemed to work the best. 

Ghost became a non-option when they went to an activation model on licensing.  I can't even begin to understand why anyone would want to have to deal with that type of headache when for backup/restore - especially with restore.

I saw no compelling reason to move up to TI 10.  I'll probably do it when it's a rev back or two from current (so it's about $10) and/or I find I need it if I move to Vista.

mwb1100

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2007, 10:14 AM »
Did any one buy from this site? Is it a physical product (software box, etc.) (I guess so since "plus shipping).. ?

I bought a copy a while back - the package you get is one of those small boxes that are about the size of a paperback book.