ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Found Deals and Discounts

Acronis True Image 9 - $8 (plus shipping)

(1/2) > >>

mwb1100:
Acronis True Image 9  - $7.95 plus shipping:

http://www.nothingbutsoftware.com/Catalog_Type.asp?ProductCode=36864&ai=2892

Don't know how long this will be in effect; Vista is not supported with TI 9.

Darwin:
Nice find - Acronis TrueImage Home 9 is a nice app (I've not tried v.10) - does everything I need it to do. Of course, v.11 is probably RIGHT around the corner... so v.10 might be available at bargain basement prices soon enough.

thomthowolf:
 :) Thanks for finding this, I ordered it immediately.

Darwin:
Yup - I was right. Acronis TrueImage 11 is under active development...

TrueImage 9 is a fine app, though, and no one should regret not having the latest version.

iphigenie:
Yes, I am still on 9 - they lost me when they tried to screw me at that upgrade.

How to lose a dedicated customer - someone who has had the software for years, upgraded 4 or 5 times, has 2 licenses and has recommended your software on their own website a few times...

1. Change your licensing model to break it in 3 levels.
2. Put said existing customer at the lower license, thus *removing* features from the product they currently have.
3. Tell said customer that they have to upgrade to the newest version and the next license up to get their CURRENT LEVEL of features back. At a price with which said customer could buy 2 competitive products and still have some cash left.
4. Wonder why the money is not pouring it  :wallbash:

This even made me start to look at their competitors again!

Just to compare, Bitdefender have recently changed their "package levels"  - and the one I was on no longer exists. What did they do? Upgrade everyone to the HIGHER package level. Automatically. And for the rest of their license. And I paid BD a lot less than I had Acronis in the last 3 years.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version