ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

RightLoad: Great Free Context Menu Tool for Uploading Images to Ftp and more..

(1/1)

mouser:
This is something that could be very useful to you if you have an ftp account somewhere, because it automates not just the uploading, but the generation of links to share with others.  A great alternative to using a free (image) hosting site if you have your own ftp.

It's also got some very useful options like automatic thumbnail construction, and more.

This is a donationware program, so if you use it, please consider sending the author a donation to support his work!!

ps. this would be a perfect program to use with Screenshot Captor -- so that you can upload your images to an ftp simply by right-clicking on the images in the thumbnail browser.

RightLoad is a small program that allows you to quickly upload files directly from a Windows folder to your server. Instead of using a complicated FTP client just to upload a few pictures, you just right-click on the files, select the server and target folder and RightLoad will do the rest for you. When all files have been uploaded, RightLoad will automatically generate a list of different links to the files, ready to be copied into your post or website.

--- End quote ---

http://www.rightload.org/

Options:

* When file exists: Before a file is uploaded, RightLoad will check if a file by that name already exists. If this is the case, you can either overwrite the old file, rename it or cancel that upload. If you do not want RightLoad to ask you what to do every time ('Ask') you can set a default action here.
* Use passive mode with FTP servers: This is a recommended setting, as it avoids problems that may occur with firewalls or routers. Passive mode prevents the server from trying to establish a connection back to you when uploading.
* When I'm uploading a picture...: This is the default action to be taken when uploading a picture. Use this to disable the thumbnail dialog and always/never create them.
* Thumbnail width/height: Here you can set the maximum dimensions of generated thumbnails. The original image's aspect ratio will always be kept, so the actual size of the thumbnails may differ.
* Show image dimensions in thumbnails: This will add a white bar at the bottom of thumbnails, in which the dimensions of the original image will be displayed.
* Frame thumbnail: This will put a 1px wide black border around all thumbnails.
* Show RightLoad in context menu: Here you can choose if you want RightLoad to show up in your Explorer's context (right-click) menu. If disabled, you can only use RightLoad via the Send To menu.
* Create log file: If you are experiencing problems with RightLoad, this option might help you find the cause. It will log all uploads to a file called log.txt in the program directory.
* Don't show URLs, just close when done: If you don't want RightLoad to create links for you, you can use this option to make RightLoad close itself as soon as the upload is completed.
from mikej's post here

crono:
Can it use SFTP or FTPS connections? I dont like the idea my FTP credentials getting over the wire in plaintext :)

tinjaw:
From the documentation:
Server type:
If you have a SFTP server, change this to SFTP. Please note that SFTP support is still experimental and may be slow or not work at all.
--- End quote ---

crono:
Thanks for the info - than it is a absolute must have :)  :Thmbsup:

ak_:
As i said, it will be perfect (for me) when it will save path to clipboard automatically before quitting. Great piece of software anyway.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version