For some time now, I have been trying to find a replacement for snagit. I think it's bloated and loath the "profile" system (try to change one simple setting like file naming for 10 profiles, what a PITA). I tried SC for a few weeks awhile back, liked it, but found some problems so I stuck with Snagit. When I heard of your latest update, I was thrilled and hoped I could finally dump Snagit. But it's not to be yet. Here are some issues I still have on WinXP
1) When selecting from tray menu, the selected menu text is left on the screenshot - see screenshot002
2) "delete object" in editor objects menu is always grayed out, can't figure for life of me how to get it working. I click on object, move it around to make sure it's selected, but still grayed out.
3) undo and object selection are still poorly implemented
4) cursor "nudge" was (I think I read) fixed but still doesn't work here ... this is really annoying, especially due to reluctance to add a "magnifier" in region select mode.
5) "magnifier" in region select mode (this has been discussed, but I still push for it in case one day you change your mind ...)
6) the "hidden" selection modes under "edit" - why no toolbar button with "multiple choice" like the "resize image" button
But even after trying every other screenshot capture program on the planet, at least I come back to Snagit #1 and SC #2. I'm hoping that some day that can be reversed.