ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Screenshot Captor

Features request: uncompressed file format and faster auto capture

(1/2) > >>

wnitzan:
Thank you for making SC. It's vast but the good UI and help make it easy to find your way around.

There are 2 feature enhancements I'm interested in:
1. The option of saving images in an uncompressed format, BMP and PPM.
2. Auto-capture faster than once per second. Though, I'm not sure how fast is feasible...  :-\

mouser:
I could add #1 quite easily.. though keep in mind that PNG is lossless so gives you no degradation with small screenshot size.

For #2, i'll look into how fast i can make it, though if you really need to capture fast changing screen, you should probably use a screencast tool (see our review of such tools here: https://www.donationcoder.com/Reviews/Archive/ScreenCasting/index.html).

f0dder:
#1 doesn't make much sense until #2 is applied - but then it _does_ make sense, if you want to capture several shots per second, compression could end up taking too much CPU time... and yeah, a more specific tool might be better if you need to do this :)

mouser:
good point.

mahesh2k:
Hey mouser,

Screenshot captor can't capture the screen area defined by user when we are capturing from media players e.g.

media player classic
real one player
windows media player
winamp

but if u powerdvd it has the capture function by default then why screenshot captor use this.
 :(
also the autoscrolling for image function is not quite good.it has few problems if you want i can show you the images that had problems.
I hope these limitations will vanish in next version.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version