ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

Saving

(1/2) > >>

emerald222:
I cannot remember to save.  I have a program I update frequently, but doesn't ask me to save before I close it.  Arg!  (shouted many, many times upon opening said program).  So what I need is either something that won't let me close it without saving, or upon opening triggers another program that at least reminds me to save.  Has this been done?  Is it doable?  Can someone save me from more hoarse throats caused by frustration?  Thanks!

lanux128:
if it is a paid software, it's better to approach the developer to point out such a flaw in the design.. :) in the meantime you can use Skrommel's NoClose or GoneIn60s. one removes the [x] button on the main window so that you won't be able to close the program and the other hides the window for one minute in case, you wish to recall the program.. here are the links..

• DONE: "Stop Me From Closing It" - prevent easy closing of a program
• IDEA: program to prevent specified programs from being closed without confirm

emerald222:
NoClose looks great...but I can't get it to start with the program, even added as a rule.  So if I can remember to "noclose" it on starting, I could probably remember to save.  Am I doing something wrong with the program, or was it not designed that way?  Thanks,

lanux128:
i haven't used NoClose yet but from the thread, it looks like you have to start NoClose 1st then your program so that you can use Ctrl+1 to disable the "Close" button. if that works, then add the rule from the settings window..

emerald222:
Such a wonderfully simple program   :)  but I must be doing something wrong.   :(  What I need is for the close button to be disabled when I open the program, but I can't seem to get it to do that.  It will disable once open (yea!!), I add it as a rule, but next time I open it it is enabled.  Poopie.  Suggestions? 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version