topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday March 29, 2024, 5:57 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Saving  (Read 8058 times)

emerald222

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Saving
« on: September 10, 2007, 07:04 PM »
I cannot remember to save.  I have a program I update frequently, but doesn't ask me to save before I close it.  Arg!  (shouted many, many times upon opening said program).  So what I need is either something that won't let me close it without saving, or upon opening triggers another program that at least reminds me to save.  Has this been done?  Is it doable?  Can someone save me from more hoarse throats caused by frustration?  Thanks!
"I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I ended up where I needed to be."

lanux128

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Saving
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2007, 08:36 PM »
if it is a paid software, it's better to approach the developer to point out such a flaw in the design.. :) in the meantime you can use Skrommel's NoClose or GoneIn60s. one removes the [x] button on the main window so that you won't be able to close the program and the other hides the window for one minute in case, you wish to recall the program.. here are the links..

DONE: "Stop Me From Closing It" - prevent easy closing of a program
IDEA: program to prevent specified programs from being closed without confirm

emerald222

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2007, 11:43 PM »
NoClose looks great...but I can't get it to start with the program, even added as a rule.  So if I can remember to "noclose" it on starting, I could probably remember to save.  Am I doing something wrong with the program, or was it not designed that way?  Thanks,
"I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I ended up where I needed to be."

lanux128

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2007, 11:58 PM »
i haven't used NoClose yet but from the thread, it looks like you have to start NoClose 1st then your program so that you can use Ctrl+1 to disable the "Close" button. if that works, then add the rule from the settings window..

ws-noclose-1.png

emerald222

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2007, 12:20 AM »
Such a wonderfully simple program   :)  but I must be doing something wrong.   :(  What I need is for the close button to be disabled when I open the program, but I can't seem to get it to do that.  It will disable once open (yea!!), I add it as a rule, but next time I open it it is enabled.  Poopie.  Suggestions? 

lanux128

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2007, 12:51 AM »
did you exit NoClose after disabling the [x] in your program? to keep your program's close button to be disabled, NoClose must be running in the background..