Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site October 21, 2014, 02:14:24 AM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.

Read the full one-year retrospective report on DonationCoder.com.

Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Saving  (Read 3435 times)
emerald222
Supporting Member

see users location on a map View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« on: September 10, 2007, 07:04:17 PM »

I cannot remember to save.  I have a program I update frequently, but doesn't ask me to save before I close it.  Arg!  (shouted many, many times upon opening said program).  So what I need is either something that won't let me close it without saving, or upon opening triggers another program that at least reminds me to save.  Has this been done?  Is it doable?  Can someone save me from more hoarse throats caused by frustration?  Thanks!

"I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I ended up where I needed to be."
lanux128
Global Moderator

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2007, 08:36:40 PM »

if it is a paid software, it's better to approach the developer to point out such a flaw in the design.. smiley in the meantime you can use Skrommel's NoClose or GoneIn60s. one removes the [x] button on the main window so that you won't be able to close the program and the other hides the window for one minute in case, you wish to recall the program.. here are the links..

DONE: "Stop Me From Closing It" - prevent easy closing of a program
IDEA: program to prevent specified programs from being closed without confirm

emerald222
Supporting Member

see users location on a map View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2007, 11:43:28 PM »

NoClose looks great...but I can't get it to start with the program, even added as a rule.  So if I can remember to "noclose" it on starting, I could probably remember to save.  Am I doing something wrong with the program, or was it not designed that way?  Thanks,

"I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I ended up where I needed to be."
lanux128
Global Moderator

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2007, 11:58:53 PM »

i haven't used NoClose yet but from the thread, it looks like you have to start NoClose 1st then your program so that you can use Ctrl+1 to disable the "Close" button. if that works, then add the rule from the settings window..

emerald222
Supporting Member

« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2007, 12:20:37 AM »

Such a wonderfully simple program   smiley  but I must be doing something wrong.   Sad  What I need is for the close button to be disabled when I open the program, but I can't seem to get it to do that.  It will disable once open (yea!!), I add it as a rule, but next time I open it it is enabled.  Poopie.  Suggestions? 

lanux128
Global Moderator

« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2007, 12:51:09 AM »

did you exit NoClose after disabling the [x] in your program? to keep your program's close button to be disabled, NoClose must be running in the background..

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  
   Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  

DonationCoder.com | About Us
DonationCoder.com Forum | Powered by SMF
[ Page time: 0.025s | Server load: 0.07 ]