ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Anyone know how to capture video + audio (uin good quality) from WMP ?

(1/2) > >>

Carol Haynes:
I want to capture a short video in WMP in good quality - anyone know how to do it?

All the software I have tried have come out with poor sound and either no picture or a single still.

What I am trying to do is record a TV programme I missed the other night to record on DVD. Unfortunately the internet download version of tghe program is DRMed so I can't use the file directly. Stupid really since it was show openly on TV and anyone could record it (if they mastered their recorder!)

PhilB66:
You might find an answer at VideoHelp.com. See Capture Guides, Tutorials and Articles.

Carol Haynes:
I am using Camtasia which does the job by turning off hardware acceleration.

The biggest problems I have now are capturing at high enough frame rate (full screen, 25fps for PAL DVD production) and keeping audio in sync - neither of which behave particularly well in Camtasia. Full screen capture is the biggest problem - it produces a file that is in sync with audio but it looks more like a discrete series of photos (about 2 or 4 a second) than true video. If I capture in a smaller window quality isn't so great and audio loses sync but video is at least video.

I looked on VideoHelp and they point to a number of commercial apps that can do this sort of thing - but initial impressions are not great.

I found Tunebite at www.tunebite.com which looks promising - unfortunately the demo version only works for the first 60 seconds of a clip so there doesn't seem to be any way to check and see if sync is maintained. Anyone used this and know what it is like?

nudone:
can you download the file and play it in kmplayer - kmplayer is pretty good at converting with full 25 or 30 fps straight to xvid - that's all i've done with it so i can't say anything about DRM.

Carol Haynes:
I haven't had a good experience with kmplayer in the past - if I can get it to work will it play encrypted WMV files ?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version