topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday March 29, 2024, 5:01 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: FileZilla 3 gets released  (Read 4156 times)

Lashiec

• Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
FileZilla 3 gets released
« on: September 09, 2007, 12:57 PM »
So after a really long beta testing phase, that started with the programming team desires to use the wxWidgets toolkit to attain cross platform compatibility and to rewrite the software for the FileZilla 2 codebase was a mess, the new FileZilla is out. So what's new? Well, apart from the new interface and the possibility of running it under other OSs (only Linux for the time, the OS X version is build pending), a bunch of other things. The important ones are summarized in the wiki, and also there is a link to the Development Blog, if you feel like reading through 40+ pages of posts :).

fz3_win_main.pngFileZilla 3 gets released

The guys at Linux.com wrote a review some days ago, based on the first Release Candidate. Note that some features are missing compared with FileZilla 2, but they plan to bring them back in the next versions.

via File Hippo
« Last Edit: January 01, 2008, 01:41 PM by Lashiec »

Darwin

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: FileZilla 3 gets released
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2007, 01:01 PM »
Looks interesting Lashiec - thanks for posting this. I'm off to read the wiki and the linux reiview (though I am on Windows). I'll ask anyway - is FileZilla a big advance over similar apps such as Get Right and StarDownloader (available in both free and Pro versions, though evidently abandoned)?

Lashiec

• Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2007, 01:03 PM »
I don't know, since I never used those two for FTP. In fact, I've never used StarDownloader, and sometimes I wish I didn't use GetRight :D. Download managers authors seem to love placing banners in their software ;D

lanux128

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2007, 09:25 PM »
as a user of FileZilla 2, i am excited that there is a new release but i hardly use Ftp programs anymore.. i usually use my filemanager's plugin-ins so, here i am wondering of us actually reach for a dedicated ftp program.. :)

allen

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2007, 12:07 AM »
Might be time I check out FileZilla again.  I absolutely adored it for the longest time, then (maybe version specific) I had several instances of my account login data getting wiped in a short period of time and gave up on it. . .

I'd assume if it was wide spread and/or reproduceable, it's fixed now.