ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Mouser's Zone

IDEA - Webpage archiving

<< < (4/6) > >>

rjbull:
I'm still not sure - I like both.
-Carol Haynes (June 04, 2006, 04:22 PM)
--- End quote ---

:)

Net Snippets Pro feels like a more user friendly interface but Surfulater has a lot of stuff that I have barely scratched.

--- End quote ---

You probably know there's a lot about Surfulator in the very long General brainstorming for Note-taking software thread.

Both have demo versions (Snippets has a free version too IIRC) so best thing is to try them and see which works best for you.

--- End quote ---

NetSnippets still has a free version, and supports Firefox 0.9 and above as well as Netscape and versions of IE and IE-based browsers.

Thanks!

rjbull:
I purchased Cyberarticle.  Use it less than I intended.  Very powerful but not particularly user friendly.  I think it is now $US25.
-JeffK (September 26, 2005, 06:08 AM)
--- End quote ---

JeffK,

How do you rate Cyberarticle against NetSnippets, Surfulator and the others?

I just checked - you're right, it is now $25.

rjbull:
I do have NetSnippets and Surfulator (don't really know why I bought both as they do similar jobs).
-Carol Haynes (June 04, 2006, 04:22 PM)
--- End quote ---

CarolHaynes,

Now you have or have looked at NetSnippets, Surfulator and Evernote, how about a mini-comparison?  :)

Carol Haynes:
oo good idea - at the moment I am trying to plough my way through two university assignments (both late - and I haven't finished reading the course materials yet), prepare for a tutorial on Saturday and write a comparative review of Panorama software.

When I have a life again I'll spend a bit more time with the three note taking offerings!

superboyac:
Hi everyone, I recently got interested in these webpage archiving programs.  The two programs I liked the best are Cyberarticle and Local Website Archive.  I like the interface of Local Website Archive and like it's sister program, Website-Watcher, it is really handy and easy to use.  However, Cyberarticle seems to have many more features.  On the other hand, Cyberarticle is a little difficult to figure out (like JeffK mentioned).  They are both similar in price, so I don't know which one to get.  I like the feel of LWA, but I like the power of Cyberarticle.  If anyone has a little more insight, please do tell.

I didn't like NetSnippets much at all, looked like the most bloated of the bunch.  Of course, I'm not doing anything too fancy with the program besides just saving webpages, so maybe Carol is more interested in some features that I didn't pay attention to.  I actually hate it when programs attach interfaces or modules to other programs, like your internet browsing program.  I like real standalone programs.  I'll accept a toolbar addition into firefox sometimes, if really necessary.

I'd like to see a Cyberarticle vs. Local Website Archive comparison if anyone has knowledge of both.  Or maybe I'll just have to go and do it later.  There doesn't seem to be much information out there on either.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version