ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

ReNamer: The best freeware file renamer? (yes says cybernetnews.com)

<< < (18/24) > >>

nosh:
+. The free version lets you remove items you don't need but doesn't let you create your own subfolders, IIRC.

Curt:
.. categorize your context menu using something like Hace MMM  .. -nosh (January 16, 2008, 01:33 AM)
--- End quote ---
+. The free version lets you remove items you don't need but doesn't let you create your own subfolders, IIRC. -nosh (January 16, 2008, 05:09 AM)
--- End quote ---

So, nosh, is Mmm+ ever updated? 
or may I as well purchase the no updates version ($10 against $17~$30)? 
:tellme:

Edit: Hang me (not) if I am wrong, but it seems there have been no updates at all since 2005, so I grabbed the $9.99 version. The procedure went well.

nosh:

Hang me (not) if I am wrong
--- End quote ---

You're taking all the fun out of this but I shall try and answer your question anyway.  ;D :P

I'd say you're in the clear as long as it supports your main file manager, it would really suck if it didn't. I assume you wouldn't have got it otherwise...

Darwin:
mmm+ is good, and I used to use it. Nosh is right, it won't work with Dopus, but I found it very useful with other programmes and, of course, the shell. What prompted me to uninstall it is that its executable is compressed using AsPack - this causes at least one 16-bit programme that I use for work to fail to open under WinXP Pro Sp-2.

nosh:
I know of atleast one other program (ShellToys XP) that lets you hide unused items or club them up to a "rarely used" group. I haven't come across any other program that lets you create your own submenus though. Maybe there's something else out there...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version