ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

ReNamer: The best freeware file renamer? (yes says cybernetnews.com)

<< < (16/24) > >>

J-Mac:
Examples: The Dopus context menu and the Windows context menu

J-Mac:
As you can see I added a submenu with the Windows stuff on there, but it takes literally a full minute to open that submenu if I mouse over it. And if my mouse moves even a touch while waiting, then the submenu opens and closes immediately. Pretty worthless IMO.

Jim

Darwin:
Ah...  :-[ Sorry, I definitely missed your point there. I'll have a look at this and see if I can come up with a suggestion. It'll probably be tomorrow, though.

J-Mac:
Oh, no problem.  I didn't realize you're still using your Windows context menu in Dopus.  Mine has just gotten too big, as you can see.  It can be cleaned up but it is all registry editing and I have never gotten ambitious enough!  Modifying the Dopus context menu is also all registry edits, or rather taking GUID numbers from the appropriate registry keys and then creating commands in scripts within the Dopus settings.  However which to place where is not explained very well in the Dopus tutorial - at least not clear to me.  It's like someone pointing out your fuel injector in your car's engine and telling you that changing settings in its command module will fix your car troubles -- but not telling you how to change or access those settings!  I guess they figure we can figure that all out for ourselves.

Me? I kept changing just enough to crash Dopus each time (twice!)

Jim

Darwin:
 :-[ Here's my context menu in Dopus - I gave up on using the "Hide Windows items" feature because I literally wait for minutes for those items to appear when I shift-right click and yet it's instant with "the full Monty". Go figure. Anyway, feast your eyes on this ode to excess:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version