ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

ReNamer: The best freeware file renamer? (yes says cybernetnews.com)

<< < (7/24) > >>

Darwin:
I can't find the other app, Curt. Sorry, I know it's in an options dialogue somewhere as a radio button to check but I'm stumped. All I can think of is that it might be an option in Neodownloader - which I no longer have installed (got it as a Giveawayoftheday but never used it so turfed it). Anyway, if I ever figure this out, I'll post back here. In the meantime, as noted above, Bulk Rename Utility (and probably any other renamer, will allow you to do this with the greatest of ease!

cybernetnews:
My favorite is PFrank (http://www3.telus.net/pfrank). With the regular expressions you just can do anything...
-yksyks (September 09, 2007, 08:08 AM)
--- End quote ---
ReNamer can do regular expressions as well.

ps.
Ryan over at Cybernetnews as been absolutely on fire lately, with tons of great posts coming out every days it seems -- I don't know how he's keeping up this pace but it's truly becoming a daily must-read.
-mouser (September 09, 2007, 07:37 AM)
--- End quote ---
Thanks mouser! :)

Curt:
Ohh, it was not "20%", but %20 - well, anyway:

http://www.elfqrin.com/url2ascii.html is one example.-jgpaiva (September 11, 2007, 05:54 PM)
--- End quote ---

- both are fine solutions. Thank you!

--

... it might be an option in Neodownloader - ..-Darwin (September 12, 2007, 08:50 AM)
--- End quote ---

This is right where it would prefer it to be! Very often people forget to rename their pics before uploading, so when we download them they have this annoying %20 in their names. It would be so good if some picture-downloader could auto-replace any "%20" in the saving process. You are most welcome to report back on the subject, Darwin!

Another question: can the same be done with "_" and "-_-" (music files)??

Darwin:
Just to point out, Bulk Rename Utility does offer regex searches and replacements, as you can see in the screenshot I posted earlier in the thread.

--- End quote ---

I'm not sure, Curt. As noted, I've uninstalled Neodownloader so am not in a position to look into it for you, sorry!

Curt:
--- End quote ---

I'm not sure, Curt. As noted, I've uninstalled Neodownloader so am not in a position to look into it for you, sorry! -Darwin (September 12, 2007, 05:18 PM)
--- End quote ---

Ohh, sorry for being unclear again - I meant, can it be done in the Bulk Renamer Util ?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version