ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

ReNamer: The best freeware file renamer? (yes says cybernetnews.com)

<< < (5/24) > >>

Armando:
Also, the live preview is VERY useful. -jgpaiva (September 10, 2007, 09:26 AM)
--- End quote ---
Yes... Also... Not sure but I think that this is one reason I didn't stick to Rename Master, and why I prefer Bru and Flash renamer

iphigenie:
My favorite is flexRenamer - that is real live preview!!!

I think the site is in japanese and I can't find it this minute, but the program is very nice

* simple precanned actions
* can do files or folders, recursive as well
* advanced options supporting supports regular expressions, translation mapping, and normal windows style wildcard
* can use attributes as part of the rename
* can use tmetainformation for certain types of files (music tags, exif and iptc for images, html meta tags and office meta tags)
* instant preview of the effect

The last one took the cookie for me - it is instant (although tag rename can take 3-4 seconds) even on very large trees (10'000 images, say) and means you can figure out your regexp and refine etc.  In one of my previous jobs this program meant that our designers were able to rename/renumber large number of images coming from clients in minutes, without having to involve the techies ;)

Should do a mini review to show all the options

EDIT: found the link in the "about flexible renamer" http://hp.vector.co.jp/authors/VA014830/FlexRena/

Armando:
My favorite is flexRenamer - that is real live preview!!!

I think the site is in japanese and I can't find it this minute, but the program is very nice

* simple precanned actions
* can do files or folders, recursive as well
* advanced options supporting supports regular expressions, translation mapping, and normal windows style wildcard
* can use attributes as part of the rename
* can use tmetainformation for certain types of files (music tags, exif and iptc for images, html meta tags and office meta tags)
* instant preview of the effect

The last one took the cookie for me - it is instant (although tag rename can take 3-4 seconds) even on very large trees (10'000 images, say) and means you can figure out your regexp and refine etc.  In one of my previous jobs this program meant that our designers were able to rename/renumber large number of images coming from clients in minutes, without having to involve the techies ;)

Should do a mini review to show all the options

EDIT: found the link in the "about flexible renamer" http://hp.vector.co.jp/authors/VA014830/FlexRena/

-iphigenie (September 11, 2007, 10:26 AM)
--- End quote ---

Yes! a good one too!!

PhilB66:
Here's a link to Flexible Renamer's English page. Looks like development ceased in 2003.

PhilB66:
Came across another interesting tool - ARen. Selected features:

- Undo functionality
- Real time preview
- MP3/ID3 renaming
- Image renaming
- Thumbnail view
- Supports both files and folders
- Several renaming methods
- Use multiple method at once

Navigation

[0] Message Index