ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

ReNamer: The best freeware file renamer? (yes says cybernetnews.com)

<< < (11/24) > >>

ssoundman:
Thanks, rjbull. I just saw your post - I'll look for the update immediately.

colonelz:
I cannot see that Flexible Renamer has been updated since May 2003 (except for addin of German UI in 2005) - is this program really to be counted among the best today?
-Curt (September 18, 2007, 12:28 PM)
--- End quote ---

I think so. Beside to Directory Opus i use FlexibleRenamer for completion for about two years.

One interesting point is: It has a fresh and streamlined interface although the program is now more than 4 years old. Most coders underestimate the importance of an interface or are not capable to design for usability. Flexible Renamer is a positive example for its age. Most newer tools and if they are containing more functions are less usable under aspects of usability.

georges:
I am surprised no one has suggested my favourite renamer: Ant Renamer (freeware with source code available)
- Very good interface, simple and user friendly
- Undo function
- No RegEx but not a problem for me.

Worth to be tried !  :Thmbsup:

Curt:
I couldn't decide which one to use, but I finally grabbed the FREE Rename Master from JoeJoe, the Jackass! It is too soon for me to say anything about the program, but here is a screenshot to hopefully tell more than a thousand words:

ReNamer: The best freeware file renamer? (yes says cybernetnews.com)

Though, but maybe it is adequate to add a few words from the author himself:

Features

- Intelligent number sorting
- JPEG/MP3 tag support and many more Meta-Variables
- Auto-Preview support
- "Scipts" to save commonly used renaming options
- and [?] command prompt style wildcards for replacing and remove options
- "Undo" button so a renaming operation can be rolled back
- Floating thumbnail window for viewing pictures and optional thumbnail file list view
- Optional Explorer integration for right-clicking on folders or using "Send To"
- no install program is needed.
-Jackass JoeJoe
--- End quote ---

Edit:
5 stars from SnapFiles:

m9833:
Since years, I am quite happy with the shareware "Better File Rename" which is very well integrated with windows explorer.  I have not yet tried their latest version 5.0, though. I think I will also give BRU and renamer a try.

http://www.publicspace.net/windows/BetterFileRename/index.html

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version