ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Website statistics software

(1/1)

Dirhael:
So as I was going over my website logs today, I came to the conclusion that the software provided by my host (Dreamhost) was insufficient for my needs. It just doesn't offer enough information, especially in the area of referrer logging and detailed stats of visits over any given period of time. I have been hunting around the web for some good ones, but most of them fails to provide me with the detailed stats I want AND good referrer logging. In addition, many seems to be based on including javascripts into your pages, and I most definetely do not want that (don't want slower page loading that absolutely necessary...and I also want to keep serving my content as application/xhtml+xml so validation errors are not something I can take lightly). It pretty much needs to be done server-side in PHP...

To summarize my most basic requirements:
- Detailed visitor statistics over X number of days/weeks/months/years.
- Good detailed referrer logging, that doesn't always remove the GET variables from URL's.
- Needs to be done server side. No javascript inclusions on my pages, and preferably image-based methods either.
- Written relatively well. I've seen the interfaces some of these programs offer, and not all of them use what I would call (X)HTML.
- It would also be nice if it doesn't bring down a Cray supercomputer down on it's knees ;)

Any good suggestions?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version