ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

DirMS and Buzzsaw

<< < (2/4) > >>

JeffK:
I use mst Defrag Home Edition, and it works quite well.  I absolutely love having a defragger that I can literally install and then forget about.  The only (very highly questionable) benefit that something like PerfectDisk offers, to me, is the ability to defrag a few bits of NTFS metadata in offline mode.  But no one is going to convince me that those metadata files are causing a performance hit.
-Scott (April 16, 2005, 01:04 AM)
--- End quote ---

Yes mst Defrag seems quite good doesn't it.  No doubt it will also get better as time goes on.  Documentation/help leaves a bit to be desired though.

Jeff

Scott:
Yeah the docs are awful.  That, and it's far from ideal to have to configure it with manual registry editing.  I'd rewrite his manual for him, but he can't afford me.  :)

Zero3K:
I use mst Defrag Home Edition, and it works quite well.  I absolutely love having a defragger that I can literally install and then forget about.  The only (very highly questionable) benefit that something like PerfectDisk offers, to me, is the ability to defrag a few bits of NTFS metadata in offline mode.  But no one is going to convince me that those metadata files are causing a performance hit.
-Scott (April 16, 2005, 01:04 AM)
--- End quote ---

Buzzsaw works almost the same way as mst Defrag.

JeffK:
mst Defrag has a more friendly interface/operation than Buzzsaw.  However it is not easy to customise and I'm not sure about their relative performance.

Jeff

Scott:
Buzzsaw works almost the same way as mst Defrag.
-Zero3K (April 16, 2005, 11:29 AM)
--- End quote ---
And I'm sure it has some advantages, too.  One thing about mst Defrag is that while it's pretty much install-and-forget, there is no way to exclude anything.

I went to the Buzzsaw home page a week or so ago (before reading about it here), and was so confused by all the titles, versions, licenses, and horrendous web page layout that I simply gave up.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version