ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

current tasks/windows switchers solutions

<< < (3/6) > >>

PhilB66:
Armando - are you primarily worried about Word Documents? If so, why not give WordToys a try? It's no longer developed/supported and I presume you won't be able to buy the full version but the freebie still gives you tabs in word.
-Darwin (September 08, 2007, 04:12 PM)
--- End quote ---

I didn't know about WordToys... looks like a cool productivity addon. Here's why development stopped.

BTW, the latest version I could find is 2.1.

Darwin:
Thanks for the link to the WordToys developer's explanation, PhilB66. I've been wondering what happened. Sad...

Armando:
JUst a quick update :
my bad "luck" continues.. this time with WordToys : installed it, but no new toolbar etc appears. Weird. Will have to spend more time on that one I guess.

I wonder if these problems might have to do with the fact that, at some point, I trialed OneNote 2007... Hope not, as I don't see how I could now bring my system to a "pre OneNote 2007" state.

Edvard:
maybe try FungusTabs... Here's the archive page, you'll have to search for the actual app. I tried to help redllar get this to work on NT4.0, but some essential functions just didn't go.
With it, you can group windows together into one window with tabs.

[off-topic] redllar's story is a great one, but with an awful sour ending and should be taken as a lesson to those who would write freeware and rely on the goodwill of the community to help you take care of it. Sometimes, it doesn't turn out as cool as you'd hope. As far as I know, redllar is gone, (although he briefly appeared here at DC) apparently burned by the community he helped to shape, and the folks who were just a little too excited about his work.

Darrell, if you're reading this, please stay with us. We've proven to each other in more ways than we can count that this is a group you can trust. We're here for you.[/off-topic]

Darwin:
Armando - you have to configure WordToys via the new "toys" menu. Don't forget to click on the "save settings" button at the bottom of the menu when you're done confguring it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version