ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

current tasks/windows switchers solutions

<< < (2/6) > >>

wreckedcarzz:
Just FYI Switcher2 has a search option in it as well, so you could type a couple letters of the name of the document and boom...there it is :)

PhilB66:
OK, how about WinTabber and if that doesn't work, have a look at Notepad-X

Armando:
@wreckedcarzz : yes...Switcher 2 looks nice...

unfortunately, I won't be installing Vista anytime soon.  And I'm not even sure if switcher2 would allow me switch easily between a bunch of very similar windows, even with the "search as you type" feature. If 10 windows have almost exactly the same name, except for a number (this is what happens when you create multiple windows of the same document in Word -- a very convenient feature if you're working with/on a long document and want to see several parts at once), typing a few letters, or even a number for that matter to get to the window is still... not optimal. It could be part of the solution though... if the other important part of the solution enables me to give different meaningful names to each window -- something that most titlebar/caption name changers can't seem to be able achieve in certain situations (like renaming the titlebar od multiple windows of a same document). Like I said elsewhere, right now I use justice's SwitchToTask with Farr... But I'm looking for a more complete solution.

@ PhilB66 : Thanks!

Notepad-X won't do it. WinTabber looks interesting... But I wasn't able to try it. It gives me this error : "Run-time error '429': ActiveX component can't create object." I’ll have to hunt the web a bit to see if i can find an easy solution to that one. Maybe later today!

Darwin:
Armando - are you primarily worried about Word Documents? If so, why not give WordToys a try? It's no longer developed/supported and I presume you won't be able to buy the full version but the freebie still gives you tabs in word.

Armando:
Yes, Darwin, primarly Word Documents. Some xls and pdf too, but, right now, mostly doc. I'm going to take a look at WordToys. Thanks a lot for the link! I didn't know about this add-on. This could certainly be a good temporary solution. i'll post back in a few hours (1st--> have to go grab something to eat; 2nd-->going to talk with Justice about SwitchToTask and TitleChanger. He just PMed me :) )

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version