ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Help needed (again): Miro "destroyed" all my videos!

<< < (5/7) > >>

jgpaiva:
Interestingly.. The program i use for .avi files is not bsplayer, it's media player classic :)

Curt:
I have noticed that MPC (= KLCP) in many situations is very modest. For example extension icons are not always changed when MPC becomes default - sometimes but not always. At least not on my PC.

Dirhael:
@ jgpaiva, do you use BSPlayer for all the (common) video file types? I suddenly realize that I don't know what the text should say, if I try to change it - as I don't use BSPlayer. Does any of you guys have K-Lite's Media Player Classic as your default player, and care to tell what the text in HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT > .avi > Data > Default is saying?

:tellme:

Edit: I already know that, don't I. My screenshot is telling the answer: KLCP AVI File

- well, it has been a long and stressfull day. Hope you will forgive me. But of course, I have not yet tried to change the text, so I don't know yet if I am in the clear or not. Talk to you later!
-Curt (November 15, 2007, 02:23 PM)
--- End quote ---

I didn't have MPC as my default player, but I just set it to be and the default is:
avifile

--- End quote ---
(I belive this is the default setting on a clean WinXP installation as well)

I don't want to ruin my DirectShow setup with one of those potentially system-breaking codec packs, so I just downloaded and ran MPC by itself and I don't have any of the "KLCP*" strings in my registry.

Curt:
Hmm... I now know that it doesn't help to merely change the text in the Data key. The file type is still described as a Miro.1 and will just open up the text editor, when db'clicked. Nothing seems to have changed. I am back in the dark.

Anyone with an opinion on this matter?  :tellme:

Dirhael:
Hmm... I now know that it doesn't help to merely change the text in the Data key. The file type is still described as a Miro.1 and will just open up the text editor, when db'clicked. Nothing seems to have changed. I am back in the dark.

Anyone with an opinion on this matter?  :tellme:
-Curt (November 15, 2007, 02:50 PM)
--- End quote ---

I may have...See the thing is, if you see my previous post, I mentioned that my DEFAULT string under .AVI in the registry referenced another key called AVIFILE. Well, if you locate that one, you should see that it has a string under it called FriendlyTypeName, which by default should have the following value:

--- ---@C:\WINDOWS\inf\unregmp2.exe,-9905

Well, I checked that file with a resource editor and sure enough, the string from the executable is "Video Clip" just as it should be. This will also hold true for the other filetypes as well, allthough not all of them will have the "FriendlyTypeName" key if they have been changed from the Windows default settings. In such cases I belive you could solve it by either adding said string, or alternatively just change the DEFAULT string under the keys referenced by the extension keys (I don't know if I was able to make myself understood there...).

You will most likely have to reload the registry after doing this though, either by rebooting, log off/on or kill/start explorer.exe

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version