ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Help needed (again): Miro "destroyed" all my videos!

<< < (6/7) > >>

Curt:
Thanks.

It was and is "@C:\WINDOWS\inf\unregmp2.exe,-9905", as you said.  :tellme:

Another problem: I also tried to change the flash video types, but obviously forgot what the proper text was before I changed it - so now I have re-changed it into something wrong! I know I should have stayed in bed this morning! Please take yet a look in HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT and tell what text is in .flv > Default > Data [Edit: It was of course "Miro.1". Now I am going to bed!]

:-[

Curt:
... - Try installing a new movie/music player, like KMPlayer, VideoLAN or perhaps GOM Player and let it take over all supported extensions. -Dirhael (September 06, 2007, 07:35 AM)
--- End quote ---

This advice turned out to be the solution. But it took me some weeks to do it the right way, because installing Media Player Classic wasn't enough. However, installing the newest RealPlayer 11 did the trick, and all file types are back to normal.

Thanks, Dirhael!  :up:

Curt:
They just launched Miro 4 this morning, but I still don't dare to test it again...

http://www.getmiro.com/

MerleOne:
Sorry if this has been already said, but did you try to use the regular system restore using a restoration point prior to Miro update/install ?  That surely would solve the issue ?

jgpaiva:
MerleOne: notice that Curt was doing some necro thread revival, this thread is over 2 years old ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version