ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Change title bar name (in any application)

<< < (4/6) > >>

lanux128:
one of the Actual tools - Actual Window Menu was recently given away at GAOTD. it is worth the while to keep an eye there since sometimes they repeat the giveaways..

Darwin:
Just to clarify: I really do think Actual Tools are over-priced. The bundled ($60) should be $20 !
--- End quote ---

:D I suppose if you consider their full price, you're right. Not having bought it myself and not being tempted to means that I haven't really given their pricing serious thought (the only time I was tempted to buy was at the aforementioned 50% discount).

Armando:
Today is a damn busy day for me. 
so I'll just say that I tried Actual Window Manager but it doesn't do what I'm trying to do better than justice's ahk script: it doesn,t work with multiple windows of the same document.

The work around I've fonud in the mean time (have to find a way : working with all these similar windows is otherwise a headache) is to assign the specific MS Word windows numbers (multiple MS word windows of the same document have the same title + a number) to specific areas of my document. Then, with justice's other great script (SwitchToTask.exe) + farr and its great new custom hotkey system, I can just type "ctrl+shift+tab", the number and… voilà. Not perfect but extremely convenient (this is gives an idea of how useful a true farr alt-tab plugin would be   …)

Armando:
BTW (Off-topic Alert! Code Red!): How's the PhD coming? I think we need to form a support network...!
-Darwin (September 05, 2007, 05:43 PM)
--- End quote ---

[off-topic] I'm in the process of making huge decisions right now. I’m on a big grant, do well, etc. BUT I feel pretty unsatisfied. All summer, I’ve been thinking off leaving the whole PhD thing where it is and... do something else ("what" is another question).
For some reasons, I can't make up my mind. Anyway... I have to decide today or, at the latest, tomorrow.
Otherwise… Yes! A support network could be a -- eventually -- a good idea… [/off-topic]

Darwin:
[off-topic] We should get jackets! I'm in the same head-space, but the decision making process is complicated by a family that is intent on my finishing the darned thing... I think that if I REALLY wanted to quit, I would, but I can't help thinking that it's time to cut my losses and get on with my life... Anyway, good luck with the decision and I'm sure that whatever you decide, things will turn out just fine.[/off-topic]

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version