ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Change title bar name (in any application)

<< < (2/6) > >>

Armando:
Cool!! I knew I saw that somewhere!
Thanks nite_monkey. I'll try it right away.

Armando:
Hummmm.... It works, but the name won't stick if I'm renaming different windows of the same document. The script doesn't take into account specific windows handle, maybe? I wonder if it would be possible to circumvent this limitation by modifying the script...???
PS. I don't know AHK enough to do that myself...  :-[

Darwin:
Two points, first the second one... Thanks for the link to TitleChanger, nite_monkey. I'd forgotten about that one. Armando, try installing the demo of whichever flavour of Actual tool you are interested in and then uninstall. In the past they have offered as much as 50% off to purhcase it then and there! It usually runs at a more pedestrian 10-20%, but it might make a difference in your decision making process!

BTW (Off-topic Alert! Code Red!): How's the PhD coming? I think we need to form a support network...!

Curt:
Nifty! justice did a fine job with this.

But I really want a permanent change of certain title bar names.
Are there any free or cheap ones to do this (to me, $20 or 30 is nowhere cheap for this one feature)?

:tellme:

(Edit: TrialPay is not an option I will want to consider.)
Edit2: I cannot see any that Actual Tools should be offering this feature - temporary or permanent. Is it just me who can't read?

Edit3: Ohh, it is called "Change window caption"
- and is $30 !!  :down:

Darwin:
Well, young Curt, all I can say is try the Actual demo for Actual Window Guard. As I mentioned, if you install it and uninstall it you should be offered a significant discount on purchasing it. Hang on, I'll check the current discount if using this method... 20%. I saved the link  8) on the off-chance that I ever decided to buy afterall. Note, though, that the amount does vary - I saved it at a time when they were offering a 50% discount (since then - about a year ago - I've not seen it higher than 20% but have certainly seen it as low as 10%). As I have WindowBlinds and ObjectDesktop I've never really been too tempted to buy. The developer is good and responsive - I had quite an exchange with him regarding resource usage issues that I was seeing. He's very courteous and open to suggestions.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version