Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site August 22, 2014, 02:41:51 PM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.

Read the Practical Guide to DonationCoder.com Forum Search Features

Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Public release in august ?  (Read 4222 times)
nitrix-ud
Charter Member

View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« on: September 05, 2007, 10:45:45 AM »

am i the only one who is waiting for FARR public release anxiously ?? cheesy
Josh
Charter Honorary Member

« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2007, 11:15:04 AM »

You arent the only one. Mouser is slacking on us! We need to prod him and keep him moving.

Strength in Knowledge
edbro
Charter Member

see users location on a map View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2007, 11:16:18 AM »

It won't be until Feb, Mar, Apr, May, Jun, Jul, Aug, Sep.

Seriously, I don't care. The alpha I'm using now is pretty darn good. No bugs that I see. So, calling it "public" won't mean much to me.
nitrix-ud
Charter Member

« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2007, 12:41:43 PM »

Seriously, I don't care. The alpha I'm using now is pretty darn good. No bugs that I see. So, calling it "public" won't mean much to me.

this is very true, but i think that the public release will push FARR forward
which means more plugins, more alias sharing, etc.

Keep up the good work mouser !  Thmbsup

mouser
First Author
Administrator

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2007, 04:43:55 PM »

This is the first program i've ever done such a drawn out non-public release for.. and i guess i'm just finding it hard to let go.. i feel like i need to get the new web page up with some video screencasts, etc.
Josh
Charter Honorary Member

« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2007, 05:39:04 PM »

*perks up* did someone say screencasts? Take your time mousey, you know I am just pulling your tail smiley

Strength in Knowledge
masu

« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2007, 08:39:32 AM »

I am also eagerly waiting for the next version  Kiss

Find+Run Robot 2.90.01
Windows 7
TucknDar
Charter Member

Advanced coder of Nowt

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2007, 09:09:51 AM »

the alpha is excellent, and although I appreciate that you want screencasts and everything out along with FARR, I think it's fine with just a release along with the great documentation you usually have of your software. The screencasts could be made after that AFAIC

but it's your call obviously, and I have no problems with the alpha Wink
lanux128
Global Moderator

« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2007, 10:00:30 PM »

mouser, we are eagerly waiting for this one and you too can cross-off a major achievement from your to-do list.. smiley

Lashiec

see users location on a map View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2007, 11:46:54 AM »

Yes, and then we can bug mouser about FARR and Screenshot Captor 3 Grin
beethoven
Supporting Member

« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2007, 02:15:27 AM »

i think everyone is agreed now that there should be a feature freeze, which basically means my efforts now will be going into stability and bugfixing, so we should have a public release at the very very latest march 7.

This was on 21. February - is there ever a public release of the updated FARR?  I fully realise that most people here on the board are more than happy to play with beta releases but there are still some users that a) do not want to go through a thread that is 35 pages long to learn about all the changes of FARR compared to the last version and b) prefer to be on the "safer" side with fully tested versions.
My impression is that FARR is becoming an endless Beta Version with constant changes.
Lashiec

« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2007, 10:04:29 AM »

The long changelog, complete with a download of the alpha? beta? version. Read next two mouser posts that thread to learn a bit how some news things work. Really, despite mouser's concerns, it's my opinion that the current version is ready for mass production Grin
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  
   Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  

DonationCoder.com | About Us
DonationCoder.com Forum | Powered by SMF
[ Page time: 0.04s | Server load: 0.23 ]