topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 4:26 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Asset Inventory Software  (Read 4315 times)

Earthcoder

• Participant
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Asset Inventory Software
« on: August 30, 2007, 03:48 AM »
Hello all.

Just a question mainly, Im guessing most people who use this forum, prob Work in IT, in some way or another, or may know of something helpful.

I work for a University in the UK, at the moment, We use a manual Input Inventory system, which i do, we have around 3000 PC's that have been manually inputted, over the years.

I am currently Looking for some sort of inventory management system, that Traces the network for Devices, and displays the details on a webbased page or a cilent software.

I have looked at the following so far:
Landesk  - Rough cost it would cost £28k
Centennial - Quoted £26k

Now were a poor uni, we could only afford around 6k, Does anyone know of any such product that is good for inventory tracking but is cheap!

Ive looked for open source stuff but cant find much.

What do you use at work?

justice

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Asset Inventory Software
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2007, 03:54 AM »
At our college we use Wasp Technologies MobileAsset Combo Pack. I think it works (or that's our implementation) with a barcode scanner, barcode stickers, and recently a ultra mobile pc was bought to work with the windows version on the move. Apparently it also has a portable version with it but it's more limited.

The cost of it must be £2k in total (think we have the one user licence) this is including the samsung ultra mobile pc that we bought ourselves.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2007, 07:09 PM by justice »

tinjaw

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2007, 06:43 PM »
Earthcoder,

I'm not sure if it will meet your needs, but there is one freeware asset management program I used often and like. It is called PXServer.

[attachthumb=#1][/attachthumb]

Earthcoder

• Participant
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2007, 07:11 AM »
Ye i found that yesterday its quite good, looking into it deeper now, thanks for the info