ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Opera - new alpha version brings untold pleasures...or something like that.

<< < (9/11) > >>

Dirhael:
I'm replying the way I did because although the part about Roboform was on topic (hence the "most of" part of my reply), the parts where you are ranting on about supposed incidents in the Opera forums are not. How exactly is that related to a topic about a new alpha release of Opera?

Also, accusing me of being a shill is not only inaccurate but also insulting. If you re-read the topic, I think that what you will find is that most of my posts in this topic are trying to help out some other users with problems they are facing when trying to configure this build.

EDIT: Also, when you say they did everything but pee on you, how am I supposed to not think you meant you had been kicked off the forums? A statement such as that kinda implied that they had done so.

Josh:
Dirhael, I have been attacked on the opera forums, quite recently as well, for posting about roboform. Its not an uncommon thing. And you can see that I am still active and am NOT posting this because I was kicked off the forums. My username there is Buttalks, have a look :)

housetier:
Everytime I start the alpha version it wants to convert my mail settings (boxes?). However, I have never set up mail or chat accounts in opera - there is nothing to convert. Converting nothing seems to take forever, unless I click Pause and then Continue: opera 9.5 alpha then claims everything was converted until next time I start it.

My question thusly: how do I make it stop trying to convert?

I ask here because DC is the only forum I use and #opera has been unable to help so far.

Dirhael:
Dirhael, I have been attacked on the opera forums, quite recently as well, for posting about roboform. Its not an uncommon thing. And you can see that I am still active and am NOT posting this because I was kicked off the forums. My username there is Buttalks, have a look :)
-Josh (September 08, 2007, 08:25 PM)
--- End quote ---

I wrote in my reply to J-Mac that it was quite possible, but that I don't think it in any way has anything to do with this topic. If some members or even an moderator on this forum say something "not so nice" to you, does that mean that this is how mouser would treat you and feels about you? No? If so, in topics about the latest release of FARR it would be quite strange to bring it up, correct? The only thing it would bring into a discussion is wood for a fire.

The reason I assumed he was kicked off the forum was not because of the Roboform part of his post, but rather his statement that "they did everything but pee" on him which in my world kinda implies they didn't just point and laugh at him ;)

Dirhael:
Everytime I start the alpha version it wants to convert my mail settings (boxes?). However, I have never set up mail or chat accounts in opera - there is nothing to convert. Converting nothing seems to take forever, unless I click Pause and then Continue: opera 9.5 alpha then claims everything was converted until next time I start it.

My question thusly: how do I make it stop trying to convert?

I ask here because DC is the only forum I use and #opera has been unable to help so far.
-housetier (September 08, 2007, 08:29 PM)
--- End quote ---

As far as I know (after reading the comments in the comments section of the Desktopteam's blog), the way to solve this problem is to remove the following folder:
   %AppData%\Opera\Opera\Mail

In addition, if you did the installation as an upgrade (which is a *really* bad idea for pre-release versions) you may have to clear out the following file as well:
   %AppData%\Opera\Opera\Profile\opera6.ini

There are to my understanding quite a few updates to the mail client this time around, and there are quite a few issues with it at this stage. For me it did manage to upgrade my mail acocunts, but I suddenly had about 2000 mails in my sent folder as well (it managed to copy all of my inbox there). Safe to say, I won't touch that part of it until it reaches at least beta status.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version