ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Opera - new alpha version brings untold pleasures...or something like that.

<< < (2/11) > >>

Dirhael:
I like the new way it scrolls with pageup/down.
I've seen reports about it being faster, but as i already found it very fast before, i can't see any difference.

It does have an anoyance, though. Before, i could search for links with the keyboard ("," + keyword) and then press enter to open the link. Now, when i press enter, nothing happens :(
-jgpaiva (September 04, 2007, 07:19 AM)
--- End quote ---

That feature is still there, just disabled by default. As I understand it, the reason this was done is that some users complained that they kept accidentally hitting one-button shortcuts when they thought that a text area was focused. No, I don't understand the complaint either...

Anyway, to enable this useful feature again, open "Preferences", go to the "Advanced" tab, select "Shortcuts" and place a checkmark in the box where it says "Enable single key shortcuts."

Hope this helps :)

EDIT: Could you give me a link to one of the places where the Flash players doesn't work? Not that I can do anything about it as I'm just a fellow Opera user, but I just suspect that the reason if fails has something to do with browser sniffing (for instance, Google does this so I have to use "site preferences" to work around it).

jgpaiva:
The video is this one, dirhael.

About the enter thing, the checkbox is there, but unfortunatelly, it doesn't fix my problem :(

Dirhael:
The video is this one, dirhael.

About the enter thing, the checkbox is there, but unfortunatelly, it doesn't fix my problem :(
-jgpaiva (September 04, 2007, 07:32 AM)
--- End quote ---

Doh, I didn't notice that Enter didn't work as expected. No matter, I've solved it properly now :) What you need to do is to go to the same page as I sent you to the last time, but this time you should double-click "Opera standard" under "Keyboard setup."
In the list you're now looking at, expand the "Advanced" branch and locate the "Bookmarks Widget." Select it and press new. On the left you simply type in "Enter", and on the right "Open link"
When done, just press Ok all the way out, and things should be back to normal again :)

I'm going to take a look at the video thing right away, and I'll report back what I can find.

Dirhael:
It does not appear to be any workarounds at this time, as it seems like the problem is caused by a bug in the new javascript engine (well, it *is* alpha software after all). Looks like we'll just have to wait for the next release if we want to watch more AAA flash videos from that site...which of course if unfortunate, considering just how funny those videos are :D

jgpaiva:
Hmm... I think you didn't understand my problem. At least, the fix you mentioned doesn't work.
I also tried adding enter=open link in the browser section, but that only made "enter" open the link under the cursor and not the link selected :(

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version