ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Songza: Music online + freeware (beta) via Humanized

<< < (2/2)

justice:
Like free popular beta programs turning into shareware via small print exemptions?

--- End quote ---

Gee, i hope not Justice!
I failed to see anything about this going into shareware.
-dantheman (November 16, 2007, 08:42 AM)
--- End quote ---
That's true it's not so much a comment on Songza as it is on the whole beta trend going at the moment. I don't see any beta tag on this however, and no terms and condition or privacy policy so I am going to assume either will be added in the near future.

Lashiec:
Paying for something that it's eating up bandwidth from another site (HUGE, but another site), which supplies content which the RIAA and all movie studios are trying to remove would be more than wrong. I found how it works, it was in the comments of the post about the site launch, in Humanized blog :-[

Are you loading a hidden youtube video with javascript into the page to get the sound? And working with the youtube APIs to search, and get information about each?
-Humanized Weblog
--- End quote ---

And further down:

Very nice. Is this a youtube mashup? Excellent reduction of the cluttered youtube interface to just a very simple set of functions. Will be watching your next move!

--- End quote ---

I don't know if doing such thing is illegal or not (hotlinking I mean, which basically is what they're doing), considering that you can embed YouTube videos in every site, but at least they could tell their users how it works. Now this explains how I was getting songs by obscure groups... So, in summary, nothing revolutionary, which means no iTunes killer here, even more considering sound quality and that you don't know if you're getting a song or a interview, like me just now <_< , but slick and worth some songs. And now works *a bit better* in Opera

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version