ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

XnView 1.90 Alpha (Early test version)

<< < (3/3)

nudone:
just wanted to report back that 'maxview' is something you really should try.

it's not for thumbnail browsing but the features it packs for single image viewing are perfect.

i'm, sort of, using it with several instances of the program at a time - each one previewing a different image in a neat frameless window (irrelevant information perhaps). the point i'm trying to make is that it opens up a different way of working to that of the usual file browser method - there is quick access to menus that contain most of the features you could expect from such an app.

(truth is, you could use 'irfanview' in a similar way, or even just xnview or whatever, but 'maxview' just seems a bit more polished in it's appearance - if you tinker with it a little.)

zridling:
Exactly. Set up MaxView the way you want, and when you need to see an instant full screen or larger view of an image without delay, BAM! it's there. Navigation is also pretty nifty. It finally weaned me off of VuePrint, which I used for many years, but it no longer actively developed. I like XnView for viewing large folders of images — like >800 — because that seems its main purpose.

Nudone, I can't wait for a review of ACDSee 9 when it comes out. I can't believe they have achieved that level of speed throughout the program.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version