ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

GemX - missing in action

<< < (39/77) > >>

sigh...:
well, at least a response after all this time.....i am actually quite shocked..

however, i don't agree with the closing of the forums if just for the following reason:

the "How To" section.  there were some great how to's listed that i never got a chance to implement or even read all of them.  shame those are also gone.

I can almost guarantee, if they ever do bring the forum back, it will be brand new - not inclusive of the original posts.

so the reminder pop up is no longer a problem...hmmmmm..

well, glad that it is "fixed" - but that still doesn't quite do it for me!!

doublewitt:
I can almost guarantee, if they ever do bring the forum back, it will be brand new - not inclusive of the original posts.-sigh... (October 15, 2007, 08:37 PM)
--- End quote ---

I think everything will be there - certainly... we will just pick up from where we left off.
Every business has it's ups and downs... so we'll just wait and see how things turn out.

mouser:
In all fairness to Ron, it can be so much work responding to requests and posts on a forum.  One can understand how it would be a difficult choice between closing a forum, which obviously upsets some people vs. keeping it open but not having the time to reply to everyone's request for help - and therefore leaving the impression that the company doesn't care.

Of course it would have been good to give the forum members a generous advance warning about the change, then at least people would have had time to adjust to the idea and not assumed the worst.

beldeamon:
Well there is still life ...OMG !!

Still, I am not sure where this leaves me as a payed Do-O member - I had lost patience with the product and replaced my usage of it with other tools. 

The above still doesn't address some underlying major frailties in their organization or give me any clue on the future direction of the product (KEY AREA).

As mouser states, there is a large time overhead associated with support and customer  care, but to switch off COMPLETELY for 2 months with no message on their web-site, no Email to PAYED customers, really this is VERY POOR
management and shows a total lack of business/customer savvy.

My 2 Cents :)

I will continue to use D-O in a limited way (some notes and archives) but it will take more than this to bring me back on board.

zak11000:
Its all a joke and I don't consider them as a serious company any more. To leave customers in the dark for 2 months and dissapear. To  not even give any info on what is going on to their Beta Testers or Tiptop who managed the forum. HELLOOO - THEY JUST DISSAPEARED.

To take the forum down because they can't spare 5-10 minutes a day answering queries (everyone who has used the forum knows there weren't more than 3-4 posts per day - MAX). A joke. I couldn't care less about the forum - its the fact that even with the forum they ignored their customers and kept them in the dark. Its going to get even worse now and the evasiveness, ignoring and secretiveness will become much easier for them to pursue. I can see there are people here that are willing to forgive them and forget - I'm not one of them. They showed total disrespect for their customers - and have obviously done this before - take a look at the history of releases - the huge gaps between new updates. THESE GUYS HAVE A HABIT OF DISSAPEARING.

And on top of that keeping that message about changing servers on their website as the reason the forum was down. What's that about? They have obviously admitted now that this was a lie and that the reason was "lack of resources". So why not post that instead of keeping the message about changing servers for two months. Why lie to us??? Where do these guys live - Mars?

A TOTAL JOKE for a serious company to do this. And shows no character.

Actually think the Helpmaker tool has potential to do what Do-organizer does because it looks very similar. If they already completed the calendar and planner tools for version 8, the rest hopefully shouldn't take too long. It would be good for there to be another similar product on the market. Makes you realise that Do-organizer is not that unique after all...

From that email they they sent its clear to me that GemX don't understand what the problem is. They think the problem is that we are upset because they are taking the forum down. The problem is not that there is no forum.

THE PROBLEM IS IN THEIR ATTITUDE AND DISRESPECTFULL WAY IN WHICH THEY TREAT THEIR CUSTOMERS (IGNORING THEM, LYING TO THEM, KEEPING THEM IN THE DARK...)

WHY IS IT SO DIFFICULT FOR THEM TO UNDERSTAND THIS????????

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version