ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

GemX - missing in action

<< < (32/77) > >>

doublewitt:
In general, a forum is like the life-line for a product and it's development. It's a vital resource for users and it's also criterion for purchasing software. Most people avoid software companies who have no forum and almost no means of communication. eMAIL alone just won't do...

Removing the links looks like a suicide move to me...
There isn't much sense to that. How many software companies pull stunts like that...??!! the fact that they alone do it, brings a greater spotlight on them and the consequences will certainly be negative. It's really a strange affair...

Darwin:
Hmm... put like that, doublewitt, I can see why Beth is less optimistic than I am about what this portends for gemx. I honestly hadn't thought of it in those terms - was too busy being happy that there a actual signs of life. You're right, of course. Far better to reactivate the forum and let people say their piece. Mystifying.

borengate:
Hi guys,

The GemX team has posted a big piece of news informing that all forums are closed down because they can not afford enough man-hours to maintain them and that they had "to organize their priorities as needed" (sic). Also, they greatly appreciate the collaboration of all of us that have posted messages in the forum, especially doublewitt (formerly Tiptop). So, bad news but at least something is moving, it seems that there is still some life inside GemX. Less is nothing.

I hope that one of their priorities will be the release of DO3 and TNP updates as soon as possible since all their man-hours can be focused now on that work. We would greatly appreciate that some information about the current state of these topics.

I think that they (GemX) is also reading this forum...so, don't hesitate to SHOUT IT OUT LOUD: WE ARE STILL WAITING FOR THE UPDATES, DON'T FORGET YOUR CLIENTS!

Darwin:
Thanks for alerting us to that, borengate. I suspect you're right and that they have noticed this thread. At this point any signs of life are welcome.

Carol Haynes:
Can someone get them on false advertising? They advertise:

on the homepage and

It's Simple and Responsive

Besides producing superior quality applications, GemX is proud to offer one of the best support services in the industry.
--- End quote ---

That's the heading on their support page.

Given that they don't seem to respond to any form of communication (even the company that processes payments) surely this must breach an advertising standard. (Sorry I don't know anything about Dutch advertising regs. but that would definitley have to be removed in the UK if challenged).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version