ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

GemX - missing in action

<< < (16/77) > >>

PPLandry:
Now, SQLNotes might become an interesting alternative... Only time will tell!
-Armando (September 19, 2007, 06:33 PM)
--- End quote ---

I started the SQLNotes project 4 years ago and am very committed to it. It has been in production for 2 years, with various levels of functionality, at a number of my customers facilities. The recent opening to the general public, in June 2007, has resulted in 260+ users trying it out and great feedback, which I'll use to add feature and do fine-tuning.

It is the information manager that I use for the last 2 years (replacing Ecco), for note-taking, time-management, contact-management, billing, todo-lists and so features have and will be added, in part, because I need them for my own information management!

Plus unlike just about all other 'innovative software' the SQLNotes data is not locked up in some proprietary format. It now uses JET and could use another (SQLServer, mySQL, SQLite, SQLServer Express) eventually. So if dev. stops (it won't happen, but let us suppose), all your data is completely accessible.

Armando:
I mistakenly posted a reply to PPlandry (post above) in the  General brainstorming for Note-taking software ... Sorry about that. In some ways, it might be a better place to  pursue the discussion anyway  ;D

Darwin:
I just DSM'd GemX. I started out planning on being polite and asking once again for "news" on GemX and it's catalogue's future, but kitty turned rabid and I wound up demanding a refund on the cost of upgrading to Do-Organizer from TexNotes Pro on August 13 :o Having made the threat I am off to try to find an avenue to make good on it (I don't imagine that DSM is the right channel for this kind of thing). If nothing else, *maybe* the threat of a refund request will elicit a response - any response!

sigh...:
Good for you, Darwin!!

Keep us posted - but pleeeaaaasssse don't hold your breath.......

"wink"

sigh... (ido2!!)

Armando:
Sigh... - have you found your perfect "multi-calendar PIM" ?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version