ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

GemX - missing in action

<< < (66/77) > >>

vegas:
I agree. Why shouldn't we post comments here if we want to? Are GemX going to try to close this forum down as well? Are we not allowed to criticise a piece of software if we want to and post our opinions? This was a totally ridiculous comment to make doublewitt... The only reason people are expressing their opinions here is because there is no other place to do this.
-zak11000 (January 15, 2008, 03:38 AM)
--- End quote ---

That about sums up how I feel as well.  If a company has done something to deserve being criticized (or applauded), then I see no better place to do so than here, in an open software discussion forum.  And why not in this thread, instead of starting more threads, it was after all started regarding the lack of inaction on the part of GemX.

sigh...:
well well well,

seems gemx now has video tutorials on a number of subjects - so, it seems they ARE alive and well......

http://www.gemx.com/software_movie_tutorials.php

i haven't looked at any of them yet though.....

this is a very strange company.....

but, until Nighthawk is ready (www.nowsoftware.com), i have not found anything that does what DO does......for the things that i need to use...sigh...

Armando:
this is a very strange company.....
-sigh... (January 25, 2008, 10:24 PM)
--- End quote ---

... And Do-Oganizer is a strange software... Impressive, oddly compelling (as Darwin would say)... but strange. It wants to do way so (to) many things (IMHO). They should stop adding these "not that useful" features (ie : the file explorer ???? ), and concentrate on perfecting the more important dimensions (the calendar, the  task manager, etc.), clearing all the bugs, adding palm + pocket PC syncing capabilities, etc.

They "should", ahem, probably also take care of their customers, of course.  ;)

sigh...:
i completely agree, Armando - they are the jack of many trades and the master of none  - instead of the master of a few.

as was previously mentioned, i think that they are/were overwhelmed.   if they are "behind the scenes" getting their act together (or if someone else has bought/taken over GemX), then they have the ability to have a comeback -

granted, most of the customers will be new(er) customers......

zak11000:
Word of advice - don't install the new version. Its incredibly buggy. You are much better off using the previous version they put out.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version